How do I obtain Building and/or Zoning Permits from the City of Sharonville?

To obtain a City of Sharonville Building and/or Zoning Permit, complete the Application for Building/Electrical/Zoning Approval form. Please visit: Application for plan approval

Projects Requiring a Building and/or Zoning Permit include:
• Above ground and in-ground swimming pools
• Attached or detached garages
• Building additions
• Building remodeling
• Carports
• Decks/porches
• Demolitions
• Driveways (both a Zoning Permit and a Curb Cut/Driveway Apron Permit are required from the Public Works Department)
• Electric
• Fences
• Gutters and downspouts
• Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
• New residential construction
• New roofs and re-roofs
• Parking Lots
• Portable Storage Units
• Retaining walls
• Sheds or other Accessory Structures
• Window or Door replacements (if structural alterations are made increasing the size of the opening)

Building/Zoning Permit Fees (due once permit is ready for pick-up):  Please refer to PDF of Fee Schedule

Submit the completed application, along with two (2) sets of construction plans/drawings required for your project to:

City of Sharonville
Department of Community Development
10900 Reading Road
Sharonville, Ohio 45241

Application(s) may also be emailed to

Failure to obtain zoning approval and/or doing work without a building permit is not permitted.  If you have any questions please call 513-563-0033.

Show All Answers

1. How does the City of Sharonville regulate Short Term Rentals?
2. How do I obtain Building and/or Zoning Permits from the City of Sharonville?
3. How do I file property maintenance or other complaints?
4. How do I report tall grass and weeds?